Rachael Ray Dog Food Review
Rachael Ray is an American television personality and celebrity who created Nutrish. The brand was developed in collaboration with Ainsworth Pet Nutrition experts based in Meadville, Pennsylvania. This company is owned and operated by a family, the Lang family, with more than 80 years of experience producing quality food products.
All Rachael Ray’s dog food and its products are inspired by some of the favorite recipes created in her kitchen. Aside from that, they are all made with fresh, natural, and pure ingredients. Their products are formulated with high-quality ingredients that provide complete and balanced nutrition for your dog.
The pet food brand includes four different product lines for dogs: Nutrish, Zero Grain, Dish, and Just 6. Nutrish is the original product line, and the next three product lines are specially formulated and intended for dogs with sensitive skin, sensitive stomach, and weight management issues.
- Nutrish is the original product line made with real meat as its primary and first ingredient and free from poultry by-poultry meals.
- Dish – is a line of products that comes in two flavors: Chicken & Brown Rice and Beef & Brown Rice, and is made with whole ingredients you can see.
- Zero Grain is a product made with meat as its primary and first ingredient and is free from grains, glutens, and fillers. It comes with three recipes: Turkey & Potato; Beef, Potato & Bison; and Salmon & Sweet Potato.
- Just 6 – is a Lamb Meal and Brown Rice Recipe. It comes with a limited ingredient diet recipe free from corn, wheat, and soy.
The Nutrish products, as stated on their website, that ingredients used in their products are all-natural like real meat and wholesome vegetables with added vitamins and minerals. Also, the products come in a wide range of options that can either be available to any breed size and stages.
Dog Food Options
For dry food options, this brand consists of four different product lines: Dish Super Premium, Super Premium, Zero Grain, and Just 6.
- Dish Super Premium – uses pure and natural ingredients
- Dish Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Dish Beef & Brown Rice Recipe
- Super Premium – recipes are all made with farm-raised chicken as their primary and number 1 ingredient. They are also supplemented with wholesome vegetables and vitamins, and minerals.
- Real Chicken & Veggies Recipe
- Real Beef & Brown Rice Recipe
- Real Turkey & Veggies Recipe
- Turkey, Brown Rice & Venison Recipe
- Zero Grain – from the name itself, this product line features grain-free recipes with premium proteins like turkey, beef, and salmon with sweet potato or potato.
- Turkey & Potato Recipe
- Beef, Potato & Bison Recipe
- Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe
- Just 6 – a product line that derives its name from the number of ingredients used such that this is a single limited ingredient product made with only 6 ingredients.
- Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe
The wet food recipes use premium meats and wholesome vegetables, which are cooked into a delicious stew. It features fresh, natural flavor ingredients with no corn, wheat, or soy ingredients. Also, it is free from artificial fillers and flavors. Below is the list of wet food products which come in resealable tubs:
- Chicken Muttballs with Pasta
- Chicken Paw Pie
- Hearty Beef Stew
- Savory Lamb Stew
- Tail-Waggin’ Turkey
- Beef Stroganoff
You can also treat your dog with some of the dogs treats the Nutrish offers. Recipes from Rachael Ray’s kitchen inspire these treats. Below is the list of dog treat flavors:
- Grain-Free Beefy Tips
- Grain-Free Chicken Drumstick
- Real Beef & Barley Flavor Soup Bones
- Authentic Chicken & Veggies Flavor Soup Bones
- Real Turkey & Rice Flavor Soup Bones
- Real Beef & Barley Flavor Soup Bones Minis
This Rachael Ray Super Premium Real Chicken & Vegetable Recipe offers you a real and fresh chicken as its number 1 ingredient. This chicken is raised on U.S farms that support healthy organs and lean muscle mass. This chicken is followed by a chicken meal that compensates for the lost volume of the first ingredient when cooked. This chicken meal is a highly concentrated protein font.
The next in line are the ingredients that are a good source of gluten-free and grain-free carbohydrates. These primary carbohydrates ingredients used in this recipe include ground rice, soybean meal, and whole-grain corn. Their website states that Brown rice is an excellent carbohydrate source for essential B vitamins and wholesome fiber. On the other hand, corn is known to be a food allergen for dogs.
Peas and carrots are excellent sources of essential vitamins and minerals which regulate and promote healthy digestion. For extra healthy metabolism, the beet pulp, also included in the recipe, is a wholesome fiber source that naturally provides prebiotics. Moreover, olive oil is an excellent source of oleic acid, a healthy monounsaturated fat. It’s also full of natural antioxidants and carotenoids. Lastly, the included chicken fat is a rich source of natural Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids, which help keep skin healthy and coat shiny.
There is still a lot of mentioning to do, but the aforementioned ingredients play a vital role in completing and balancing the needed nutrition for your dog. Overall, the Super Premium Real Chicken & Veggies Recipe dry food has a guaranteed analysis as follows:
- Crude Protein (Min) – 26%Crude Fat (Min) – 14%
- Crude Fiber (Max) – 4%
- Moisture (Max) – 12%
- Zinc (Min) – 250 mg/kg
- Vitamin E (Min) – 225 IU/kg
- Calcium (Min) – 1.1%
- Phosphorus (Min) – 0.9%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Min) – 1.5%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Min) – 0.1%
- Calorie Content – 329 kcal/cup
Evaluating one of Rachael Ray Dog Food products by its ingredients gives you the idea that this brand appears to offer high nutritional quality for dogs in all life stages. It does not contain by-product meal, wheat, soy, and artificial preservatives; thus, they are all made with fresh, simple ingredients that complete and balanced the nutrition needed for your dog. It may not have plenty of variety like the other brands, but there is still a different product line with a specific designation or target dog consumer.